At the beginning of a new year, we usually focus what we are giving up – sugar, alcohol, takeaways, bad habits
However, what happens if you focus on what you really want instead of what you dont want?…staying in the positive as opposed to negative
So I ask you, in 2019 what are you saying YES to?
It could be more cash, more success, more meaningful relationships, more FUN, more exercises more healthiness
When you focus on on what you DO want rather than what you DONT want….your thought processes change and its like you are telling the universe…IM READY!!!
Thoughts become things (well Buddha said anyways)…so whatever you think of thats what you attract, so think more of what YOU DO want…and that’s what you’ll attract, I dare you to give it a go 😉
The thing is, when it comes to our dreams we often have a list of no-nos, like if we are wanting to lose weight we say “no weight gain, no laziness” or when we want to find a relationship we say “no losers, no cheaters” but we often don’t think of our yes-yess…. so this means that are attention and focus is more on what we don’t want than what we do want.
So What are YOU saying YES to this year???
Let me know, lets share ur positivities and make 2019 the year we LOVE OUR BODIES and give them what they deserve
YOU ARE WORTH IT (Whether you lose L’Oréal or not haha)
I believe in YOU
Mince Pie or Apple??
Who actually gives a flip?
Check out what Ive got to say CLICK HERE
Christmas Stressing you out??
Christmas is upon us and whilst it should be a magical time of year, simply the most wonderful time of year to be exact……for some of us it ends up being a little stressful at times….worrying over the perfect present or worrying whether everything will go to plan, we quite often lose the real meaning.
For me Christmas is all about the magic, about family and being able to take some time out of a busy lifestyle and spend time with the ones you love…yes its always nice to give and receive pressies….but thats not the point is it??
Christmas should be a time of magic, fun, smiles and love….but some of us get a little stressed out.
Here are my TOP TIPS to staying stress free this Christmas:
* Don’t worry about the ££
* Be grateful for all you have
* Meditate – even is just for 5 mins
* Spend “time” with people – not just “money”
* Experiences over Presents
* Its ok to say NO….if you are feeling overwhelmed just say no
* Take time for yourself
* Stay Hydrated
* Get good sleep
* Smile….and pass it on
Enjoy Christmas the right way
Don’t go into debt trying to impress people
Give your time freely
Show those who you love….how much you love them by being present
Wellness Shots for Winter
I started making these about a year ago now, after reading up on juicing and also on the benefits of making these little shots. The are perfect for adding the good stuff into the body but they also help ward off nasty colds and flus……yes they are amazing
I LOVE Ginger so I add loads…but again personal preference
I juice it all together and also add Apples and the pour it into little plastic shot glasses and freeze – and take 1 out every night for the next day
- I have Loose Leaf Tea, Fresh ginger and add to cooking, smoothies and juices
- Has a long history of use for relieving digestive problems such as nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness and pain
- Contains very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols.
- Gingerols, the main active components in ginger and the ones responsible for its distinctive flavour, may also inhibit the growth of human colorectal cancer cells.
- Ginger extracts have been shown to have both antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-tumour effects on cells.
- Warming on a cold day and can help promote healthy sweating, which is often helpful during colds and flus. A good sweat may do a lot more than simply assist detoxification.
- Very effective in preventing the symptoms of motion sickness, especially seasickness
- Anti-vomiting action has been shown to be very useful in reducing the nausea and vomiting of pregnancy
Ginger has been shown to be effective against exercise-induced muscle pain
Ginger appears to be very effective against menstrual pain when taken at the beginning of the menstrual period.
- This is strong in colour and flavour and I don’t add much, but I sprinkle on scrambled egg, steamed veggies, add to smoothies and juices!!
- Long been used as a powerful anti-inflammatory in both the Chinese and Indian systems of medicine
- Significant anti-inflammatory activity in a variety of experimental models. Even more potent than its volatile oil is the yellow or orange pigment of turmeric, which is called curcumin and it produces no toxicity.
- Has powerful antioxidant & Inflammatory effects.
- It’s combination of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects explains why many people with joint disease find relief when they use the spice regularly
- Antioxidant actions enable it to protect the colon cells from free radicals that can damage cellular DNA
- Helps the body to destroy mutated cancer cells, so they cannot spread through the body and cause more harm. A primary way in which curcumin does so is by enhancing liver function.
- Amazing effects of turmeric on the liver’s ability to detoxify
- Good source of vitamin B6
- Cholesterol-lowering effects are the result of the curry spice’s active constituent, curcumin,
- Growing evidence suggests that turmeric may afford protection against neurodegenerative diseases.
- Lemons are alkalizing for the body: Lemons are acidic to begin with but they are alkaline-forming on body fluids helping to restore balance to the body’s pH.
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work against infections like the flu and colds.
- Your liver loves lemons: “The lemon is a wonderful stimulant to the liver and is a dissolvent of uric acid and other poisons, liquefies the bile,”.Fresh lemon juice added to a large glass of water in the morning is a great liver detoxifier.
- Cleans your bowels: Lemons increase peristalsis in the bowels, helping to create a bowel movement thus eliminating waste and helping with regularity. Add the juice of one lemon to warm water and drink first thing in the morning.
- Vitamin C in lemons helps to neutralise free radicals linked to ageing and most types of disease.
- Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds, including naturally occurring limonene; oil which slows or halts the growth of cancer tumours in animals and flavonol glycosides which stop cell division in cancer cells.
- Support Heart Health. Lemons are a good source of vitamin C. One lemon provides about 31 mg of vitamin C, which is 51% of your recommended daily intake (RDI). Research has shown that eating fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Soothes Toothache
- Helps reduce weight – lemons contain pectin – a type of fibre that helps you feel fuller longer
- Aids in digestion and detoxification
- Antioxidants in Lemons fight free radicals and helps smooth out the skin
- Boosts energy and moods..no need for the coffee and then the caffeine crash.
New Moon Dec 2018
Happy New Moon
Write it down
Set your Intentions
Mercury is now direct, the Dark moon is over!!
What do you want?
This is the last new Moon of the year…make it count
Are you a “2 Strapper”?
Are you a 2 strapper??
Or do you sling your bag over 1 Shoulder?
Whilst some people may say that wearing your back pack on 2 straps is a bit “nerdy” – who cares?? Isn’t your body worth it?
85% of people will experience back pain at 1 point in their life.
When you wear your bag on 1 shoulder or just 1 strap it can cause a lot of imbalances in the body:
• Puts pressure on your Neck, Shoulders and Back
• It can lead to poor posture and Misalignments in the body
• It will put a strain on the Hips, Back and Core
• Poor posture can lead to problems within the vertebrae and spinal restrictions
• If you backpack/bag is heavy this can also cause problems with the spine and spinal muscles
• It can bring on muscle Imbalances, Strains and Spasms…Headaches and Neck Pain
• This can also cause the shoulders to be rounded and an excessive upper back curve – this can
then lead to problems with discs, headaches and muscular imbalances
By having 2 straps when you are carrying a backpack you will be able to put a stable load on the body and it will be able to distribute the weight load into the Hips, Shoulders and Back.
Also adjusting straps to suit you, the load and the type of bag you have,
It sounds so simple BUT by making these simple change you can literally save your back and avoid any long term injuries.
Why not NOW??
In 30 days time do you want to say “Im guna get fit/healthy/lose weight/run/join the gym/go to class/walk/dance” OR in 30 days time do you want to say “Im so glad I started 30days ago….becos look how far Ive come”
Dont wait till A New Year/New Week or a Monday….if you have in your head YOU want to do something/change something/start something then do it NOW!! The mental side/the brain chatter and the “wanting” is the first step – dont let that feeling pass you by!!!
You are more capable than you will ever know 🌟
Warn off Colds and Flus this Winter
This time of year is when we are all more likely to pick up colds and flus – but you dont have to be attacked by these nasty germs….you can help you body and make it more immune to the nasties and be cold/flu free all Winter.
Although we cant avoid everything we can do things to help keep our immune systems strong and our body’s healthy all year round.
Here are my TOP TIPS to warding off Colds and Flus this Winter:
Exercise…yeh hear I go again but exercise will help strengthen the immune system, keep you warm and give you more energy…so go do it!
When you go the gym…clean the machines after use (and maybe before) germs can be spread through sweat and touch
Sleep….I cant even stress the importance of a good nights quality sleep – it will reduce cortisol levels in the body
Make Wellness Shots (see another post)
Get a Massage…not only will it warm you up but it will also increase your circulation and improve the function of your immune system.
De-Stress – try and use these Winter months to channel into the energy of nurturing and self love – remove any internal and external stress from your life.
Make sure you are fuelling your body with nutritious food, thats ill keep you warm…provide vitamins and minerals into the body and of course just keep you healthy.
Reduce/Limit Alcohol as this supresses the immune system and it wont function properly
Take echinacea supplement
Sometimes we cannot avoid catching colds and flus but we can do the best we can to be able to put our bodies in a Healthy and Strong state
Massage Therapy and Winter Blues
As winter comes in…the days are getting darker and colder and sometimes our Immune system get low and isnt as strong as normal. Busy hectic days, Christmas parties and stressing about the Christmas Shopping can play havoc on both the physical and emotional body and can be a real strain on the Immune System.
Did you know Massage can help improve your immune system, increase circulation and create warmth within the body…whilst also helping you destress and keep chilled during this hectic time of year When you get. Massage you get decreased levels of cortisol (stress hormones) and can also help the body have lower levels of cytokines, which play a role in inflammation within the body.
Regular massages can increase the number of lymphocytes (white blood cells) – which play a large role in defending the body against disease Massage will so stimulate the circulatory, lymphatic and hormonal systems – creating a overall well-being within the body So not only will you feel physically better after a massage you can also be doing good things for your health and your wellbeing
Why not book in this Winter
Stay Active in Winter – my Top Tips
When it comes to Winter…staying active can be the last thing we want to do, we just want to stay snuggled up in a blanket with a cup of tea and some biccies and hibernate in the cold and dark months…BUT Staying active in Winter isn’t as hard as it seems and can actually give you more energy for Winter and the coming months.
I know I know….you don’t want to venture out into the cold and the thought of putting on your gym gear even just gives you chills and all you want is a Big cup of tea and your dressing gown
Here are my TOP TIPS to staying active this Winter
* Fun Outdoors Activities – check what is going on locally or in the community
* Layer Up – you can always go outside when its cold as long as you are laid up and then you ca always remove layers when you go indoors or get warm
* Stay Hydrated – it isn’t just the Summer that we need to stay hydrated…..in the winter too – even nice hot drinks like tea and hot water….keeping the insides warm but also staying hydrated
* Walking – go for a walk, get wrapped up and go for a walk. There is something quite special about being in nature and this time of year we have the leaves falling and the crunching under our feet. Walking is a great way to energise the Physical and Mental Body – its FREE and can be done as a family.
* Take the stairs – if going outside just makes u feel cold…take the stairs at work instead of the lift.
* There are 1000000s of videos on Youtube that are FREE…check them out (mine is www.youtube.com/jenbostar)
* Take up a winter sport
Staying active during Winter will give you more energy and strengthen the immune system and this will help keep colds at bay. It will keep you warm and also increase your mood.
Make your goals smaller in these Winter months…..dont over stress the body by making Goals BIG at this time of year…there is enough going on, just make the goals small and manageable